[ClusterLabs] SAPHanaController & SAPHanaTopology question

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 2 08:42:29 EDT 2021

Thanks Andrei,
so can we assume that killing those processes during NFS umount is acceptable and no risk to the HANA data can be observed ?
I have noticed that the cluster is killing those when the cluster is being stopped (including NFS) .

Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

  On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 14:31, Andrei Borzenkov<arvidjaar at gmail.com> wrote:   On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 12:30 PM Strahil Nikolov <hunter86_bg at yahoo.com> wrote:

> To be more specific, the processes left are 'hdbrsutil'

This process holds database content in memory after shutdown (I
believe, for 1 hour by default) to facilitate fast startup. You can
disable it. See SAP note 2159435.

> and the 'sapstartsrv'.

Well, this is the primary service that handles all requests from
sapcontrol. It is sort of supposed to be always running. Resource
agent handles missing sapstartsrv during activation.

I guess if you have a valid use case you may try to open a service
request or github issue to also stop sapstartsrv.