[ClusterLabs] How to stop removed resources when replacing cib.xml via cibadmin or crm_shadow

Igor Tverdovskiy igor.tverdovskiy.pe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 17:41:01 EDT 2020

Hi All,

I have a necessity to apply the whole cib.xml instead of using command line
tools like
> crm configure ...

I have generated proper XML according to predefined templates and apply it
via
> cibadmin --replace --xml-file cib.xml

However I have encountered an issue when resources (in particular VIP
addresses) which were completely removed/replaced by others continue to run
on the interface after XML replacing.

Orphaned resources appear and VIP actually is kept started.
```
haproxy-10.0.0.111     (ocf::haproxy):         ORPHANED FAILED 738741-ip2
(blocked)
vip-10.0.0.111 (ocf::IPaddr2):         ORPHANED FAILED 738741-ip2 (blocked)

```

What I have tried:
1. Replace pure cib.xml without <status> element (only <configuration>)
2. Take active CIB from "cibadmin -Q" and replace only <configuration>
element while keeping <status> as is.
3. Create shadow replace cib.xml with/without status and commit.
Indeed crm_simulate -LS shows intention to stop vip-1.1.1.1, but in fact it
will not after shadow commit.

Sometimes I can manage to automatically clear removed/replaced VIP
addresses from the interface after replacing XML, so it is
definitely possible, but I can not understand how to achieve this.

So I wonder is there a way to replace XML but at the same time stop
resources which are removed in a new XML?

Thanks!