[ClusterLabs] Removing DRBD w/out Data Loss?

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 9 12:09:05 EDT 2020

I would play safe and leave drbd run , but in single node mode (no peers).
As it won't replicate - it should be as close to bare metal as possible.

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov

В сряда, 9 септември 2020 г., 15:11:06 Гринуич+3, Eric Robinson <eric.robinson at psmnv.com> написа:

Valentin --

With DRBD stopped, wipefs only showed one signature...

[root at 001db01 ~]# wipefs /dev/vg0/lv0
offset              type
0x438                ext4  [filesystem]
                    UUID:  2035aabe-b6e1-4313-a022-9518eb7489e6

So I just mounted the filesystem...

[root at 001db01 ~]# mount /dev/vg0/lv0 /mnt
[ 7712.478905] EXT4-fs (dm-2): 35 orphan inodes deleted
[ 7712.484594] EXT4-fs (dm-2): recovery complete
[ 7712.506344] EXT4-fs (dm-2): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)

...and all my data seems to be there? Did I miss something? I don't understand. Where did the DRBD partition go?

> > After stopping DRBD, wipefs /dev/vg1/lv1 should list the signatures on
> > the device. Removing *only* the DRBD signature will give a filesystem
> > accessible directly on /dev/vg1/lv1. Make sure to use the --backup option.
> >
> > --
> > Valentin

Disclaimer : This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for intended recipients. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Physician Select Management. Warning: Although Physician Select Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.