[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker/corosync with PostgreSQL 12

Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais jgdr at dalibo.com
Fri Sep 4 05:07:37 EDT 2020

On Fri, 4 Sep 2020 10:55:31 +0200
Oyvind Albrigtsen <oalbrigt at redhat.com> wrote:

> Add the "recovery.conf" parameters to postgresql.conf (except the
> standby one) and touch standby.signal (which does the same thing).

+1

> After you've verified that it's working and stop PostgreSQL you simply
> rm standby.signal and the "recovery.conf" specific parameters,

Why removing standby.signal and the recovery parameters?
The RA should deal with the first, and seconds are ignored on a primary
instance.

> and the resource agent will properly add/remove them when appropriate.

It depend on the agent OP picked. I suppose this is true with the one provided
by the resource-agents project.

If you are using the PAF resource agent, it only deals with standby.signal.

> On 04/09/20 08:47 +0000, Ларионов Андрей Валентинович wrote:
> [...] or give link to existing documentation

This one is available, adapt to your environment:
https://clusterlabs.github.io/PAF/Quick_Start-CentOS-8.html

Another one should appears soon using Debian10/PgSQL12.