[ClusterLabs] Tuchanka

Олег Самойлов splarv at ya.ru
Wed Sep 2 13:33:40 EDT 2020

Hi all.

I have developed a test bed to test high available clusters based on Pacemaker and PostgreSQL. The combination of words "test bed" was given to me by a dictionary. For an russian this is rather funny, so, please, tell me is this suitable phrase for this? The test bed is deployed on VirtualBox  virtual machines (VMs) in MacBook Pro. Totally there will be 12 VMs which will occupy 36GiB of hard disk. They will form 4 high available clusters (different variants). The clusters are automatically created. And can be automatically tested. The special script will in loop imitates different faults, wait for restoration the cluster, fix the broken node and do next test. The project is under MIT license in GitHub and I just have finished translation README to English language.

https://github.com/domclick/tuchanka

This test bed can be used to test HA clusters. There is a list of already detected problems of Pacemaker and PostgreSQL in the README. And it can be used for presentations, thats why it is designed to run inside one MacBook Pro. I think this will be much better instead of screenshots or video to show how HA clusters survive different faults in the real time.

The software is rather outdated. It works with PostgreSQL 11 and CentOS 7. The next step will be upgrading to CentOS 8 and PostgreSQL 12. Please tell me, is it useful and worth to continue? Where is better announce it? May be somewhere exists special mailing list for such things.