[ClusterLabs] VirtualDomain does not stop via "crm resource stop" - modify RA ?

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Fri Oct 23 14:08:31 EDT 2020

----- On Oct 23, 2020, at 5:06 PM, Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com wrote:

> why don't you work with something like this: 'op stop interval =300
> timeout=600'.
> The stop operation will timeout at your requirements without modifying the
> script.
>
> Best Regards,
> Strahil Nikolov

But when the timeout has run out the RA tries to kill the machine with a "virsh destroy".
And if that does not work (what is occasionally my problem) because the domain
is in uninterruptable sleep (D state) the RA gives a $OCF_ERR_GENERIC back which
cause pacemaker to fence the lazy node. Or am i wrong ?
Where is the benefit of the shorter interval ?

The return value of the "virsh destroy" operation is set immediately.
And it's -ne 0 when the "virsh destroy" didn't suceed.
No matter if the domain stops 20 sec. later, the return value is not changed.
and send to the LRM so the cluster wants to stonith that node.

Surprisingly if the virsh destroy is successfull the RA waits until the domain isn't running anymore:

force_stop
{

  0*)
                        while [ $status != $OCF_NOT_RUNNING ]; do
                                VirtualDomain_status
                                status=$?
                        done ;;

I need someting like that which waits for some time (maybe 30s) if the domain nevertheless stops although
"virsh destroy" gaves an error back. Because the SIGKILL is delivered if the process wakes up from D state.
For this amount of time the RA has to wait and to take care that the the return value is zero if the domain stopped or
is -ne 0 if also the waiting didn't help.

Bernd
Helmholtz Zentrum München

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir.in Prof. Dr. Veronika von Messling
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. Matthias Tschoep, Kerstin Guenther
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671