[ClusterLabs] pacemaker and cluster hostname reconfiguration

Riccardo Manfrin riccardo.manfrin at athonet.com
Mon Oct 5 02:49:30 EDT 2020

Thanks Igor,
I'm afraid I tried this path too although I did not mention in the issue.

The procedure I followed was to add the "name" attribute to the node
list in corosync.conf, with the current hostname, than reboot both nodes
to start clean, than do the previously described procedure AND sed s///g
corosync.conf to update the name attribute value to the
new hostname.

As I rebooted one of the two nodes the stubborn pacemaker brought back
the old hostnames no matter what. Only working way was
to kill/reload corosync/pacemaker couple (I havent tried with reloading
only pacemaker) on both nodes.

Thanks for the suggestion though