[ClusterLabs] Antw: Antw: [EXT] Re: resource-agent stack has dependencies with samba

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon May 18 09:44:42 EDT 2020

That discussion occasionally comes up. As a general rule, the agents'
dependencies are *not* themselves dependencies of the resource-agents
package (apache, mysql, postgresql, etc.).

However Filesystem is unique in that it's foundational and has no
obvious package that should be installed to enable it. So samba wound
up in there for the convenience of a common case.

But it is confusing, and doesn't make sense for many installations, so
I believe the plan is to drop the dependency in a future version of
resource-agents.