[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Re: resource-agent stack has dependencies with samba

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon May 18 02:01:03 EDT 2020

>>> Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> schrieb am 16.05.2020 um 00:09 in
Nachricht
<19991_1589580640_5EBF135F_19991_533_1_d00fd60f15a97bc49575f36c2d6e4e3d44b9d828.
amel at redhat.com>:
> On Wed, 2020‑05‑13 at 17:53 +0000, S Sathish S wrote:
>> Hi Team,
>>
>> I have query regarding resource‑agent stack has dependencies with
>> samba , whether resource‑agent will do its functionally without samba
>> rpm installed on it . Please advise us.
>>
>> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource‑agents
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> S Sathish
>
> It depends on samba so that the Filesystem resource can mount samba
> volumes. If you don't use that capability, you can safely remove samba.

I see a generic problem: The collection of RAs are for all kind of scenarios
(NFS, pache, databases, etc.). Should the RA package require all those products
to be installed? I think it should be obvious that you need to install the
required packets to use the functionality, and the RAs should behave
"reasonable" if requires resources are missing at runtime.