[ClusterLabs] Merging partitioned two_node cluster?

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Wed May 6 03:30:11 EDT 2020

Richard,

> So I tried an experiment.  I had tried switch over to 'udpu' unicast
> transport, but corosync threw an error starting up (which I did not drill
> down on yet.)
>
> I went over to my test environment and did the same thing and it worked
> fine, the cluster worked and everything.
>
> One thing that is different there is the test environment is on a network
> with CIDR /22, and the production network is on a CIDR /26.
>
> So, for my bindnetaddr on my test network, I have the address of my VIP, or
> '192.168.193.113'.  That would be a network base of '192.168.192.0'.
>
> But my production network is on '192.168.83.131', That would be a network
> base of '192.168.83.128'.
>
> I have tried hardcoding the 'bindnetaddr' to the network base
> '192.168.83.128', but it still throws an error.  Perhaps it is 'zeroing'
> out the bindnetaddr least significant byte to make the network base?
>
> Is it possible that the calculation of my base network in 'bindnetaddr'
> doesn't account for networks with CIDR mask bits greater than 24?  (which
> would have non-zero least significant bytes.)

I'm almost sure binding addr checking works correctly, but as long as
you don't use bindnetaddr - so delete whole interface section - it is
not used at all and matching for complete ip is used. bindnetaddr
matching used to make sense before nodelist config stanza was added so
config file could be easily copied around the nodes without need to
change (what worked quite well, but only for ipv4).

Honza