[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: [EXT] Re: Q: All the versions

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Mar 19 10:59:35 EDT 2020

>>> Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> schrieb am 19.03.2020 um 15:43 in
Nachricht
<0f3ecb1dd4f237dc0a1ca7a3158a949d9698a25b.camel at redhat.com>:

>> Nachricht
>> <5851_1584550779_5E72537B_5851_802_1_3128245adeaa62fd81c983c301a5acf3
>> 6e59ff62.ca
>> el at redhat.com>:

>> > It is definitely confusing.
>> >
>> > The version inside <resource‑agent> is for the agent's own use, so
>> > the
>> > agent developer can do whatever they want with that one.
>> >
>> > The <version> tag is for the RA API version (it happens to be in
>> > the
>> > DTD filename as well, but what that file is named is not considered
>> > have any significance). If possible I'd rename this to be clearer
>> > but
>> > that's probably not a good idea due to backward compatibility
>> > issues.
>>
>> But that's against the tradition of SGML/XML usage: If there are
>> different
>> DTDs, then the doctype expresses that, probably using a "public"
>> identifier
>> instead of a "system" identifier. An extra <version> element inside
>> the
>> document is redundant at least...
>>
>> Regards,> Ulrich
>
> Now that I think about it, they are different. The dtd version is the
> version of the API's meta-data XML syntax, whereas <version> is the
> version of the entire API including e.g. what actions an agent must
> support, where they must be located, etc.

So probably
<resource-agent api-version="1.0">
  <name version="0.1">HealthCPU</name>

would have been a better choice (keep top element and aAPI version together,
as well as RA name and it's metadata version).

Maybe even a top-element <ra-metadata api-version="1.0"> would have been
better...

Regards,
Ulrich