[ClusterLabs] Coming in Pacemaker 2.0.4: crm_mon --include/--exclude

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Wed Mar 18 15:47:38 EDT 2020

On Wed, 2020-03-18 at 15:35 -0400, Christopher Lumens wrote:
> > Xpath would be powerful but crm_mon is intended to be useful
> > without
> > any XML knowledge so I'd hesitate on that. Regular expressions are
> > interesting though.
>
> xpath would be tough.
>
> Regexes would be much easier, I think.  It would require me to do a
> little
> bit of rewriting to add a function that compared the given string
> against
> each node as a name, tag, and regex.  Maybe the string could also be
> a regex
> that matches tags?
>
> - Chris

We could ditch the tag idea altogether and let the options take a name,
list or regex. We'd need some marker for regexes since node names can
have dots.

Or if we stick with tags, we could make tags take <obj_match> in
addition to <obj_ref>.

The disadvantage of tags is it's an additional step of indirection vs
being able to just specify something on the command line directly. The
advantage is it lets you save common groupings for easy reuse and has
the potential to let the same groupings be used with other tools in the
future.