[ClusterLabs] I want to have some resource monitored and based on that make an acton. Is it possible?

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Mar 10 16:28:18 EDT 2020

On Tue, 2020-03-10 at 21:03 +0200, Roman Hershkovich wrote:
> DB servers are not in PCS cluster. Basically you say that i need to
> add them to PCS cluster and then start them? but in case if DB1 fails
> - DB2 autopromoted and not required start of service again>
>
> Regarding colocation rule - i'm kind of missing logic how it works -
> how i can "colocate" 1 of 2 APP servers to be around a master DB ?

If I understand correctly, what you want is that both apps are
restarted if the master changes?

I'm thinking you'll need a custom OCF agent for the app servers. The
monitor action, in addition to checking the app's status, could also
check which db is master, and return an error if it's changed since the
last monitor. (The start action would have to record the initial
master.) Pacemaker will restart the app to recover from the error.

That is a little hacky because you'll have errors in the status every
time the master moves, but maybe that's worth knowing in your situation
anyway.