[ClusterLabs] Q: rulke-based operation pause/freeze?

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Mar 5 07:24:56 EST 2020

Hi!

I'm wondering whether it's possible to pause/freeze specific resource operations through rules.
The idea is something like this: If your monitor operation needes (e.g.) some external NFS server, and thst NFS server is known to be down, it seems better to delay the monitor operation until NFS is up again, rather than forcing a monitor timeout that will most likely be followed by a stop operation that will also time out, eventually killing the node (which has no problem itself).

As I guess it's not possible right now, what would be needed to make this work?
In case it's possible, how would an example scenario look like?

Regards,
Ulrich