[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Suggestions for multiple NFS mounts as LSB script

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon Jun 29 15:04:11 EDT 2020

On Mon, 2020-06-29 at 13:20 -0400, Tony Stocker wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 11:08 AM Ulrich Windl
> <Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:
> >
> > You could construct a script that generates the commands needed, so
> > it would
> > be rather easy to handle.
>
> True. The initial population wouldn't be that burdensome. I was
> thinking of later when my coworkers have to add/remove mounts. I,
> honestly, don't want to be involved in that any more than I must.
> Currently they just make changes in their script and alles ist gut.
> But more than anything I don't want them mucking about with Pacemaker
> commands (which means I would have to do updates) since once they
> break things, I'm the one who would have to fix it and explain how it
> wasn't my fault.

Advantages of having a resource per mount:
- Each is monitored individually so you know if there are mount-
specific issues
- If one mount fails (to start, or later), it doesn't need to affect
the other mounts
- You can define colocation/ordering dependencies between specific
mounts if warranted
- You can choose a failover or load-balancing model

To get around the issues you mention, you could define ACLs and allow
the others access to just the resources section (still pretty broad,
but less room for trouble). You could also write a script for simply
adding/removing mounts so they don't have to know (or be able to
misuse) cluster commands.

For background on ACLs see:

https://clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/2.0/html-single/Pacemaker_Explained/index.html#idm47160746093920

and see the man page for pcs/crm/whatever you're using for
configuration.