[ClusterLabs] Beginner with STONITH Problem

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 24 08:47:17 EDT 2020

Hello Stefan,

There are multiple options for stonith, but it depends on the environment.
Are the VMs in the same VLAN like the hosts? I am asking this , as the most popular candidate is 'fence_xvm' but it requires the VM to send fencing request to the KVM host (multicast) where the partner VM is hosted .
Another approach is to use a shared disk (either over iSCSI or SAN)  and use sbd for power-based fencing,  or  use SCSI3 Persistent Reservations (which can also be converted into a power-based fencing).

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov

На 24 юни 2020 г. 13:44:27 GMT+03:00, "stefan.schmitz at farmpartner-tec.com" <stefan.schmitz at farmpartner-tec.com> написа: