[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: [EXT] Two node cluster and extended distance/site failure

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 06:42:26 EDT 2020

24.06.2020 12:20, Ulrich Windl пишет:

>> How Service Guard handles loss of shared storage?
>
> When a node is up it would log the event; if a node is down it wouldn't care;
> if a node detects a communication problem with the other node, it would fence
> itself.

So in case of split brain without witness both nodes fence itself and
become unavailable. Which is exactly what I'd like to avoid if possible.

> But hoestly: What sense does it make to run a node if the shared storage is
> unavailable?

Cluster nodes may use NFS which is not suitable for SBD (although I
wonder if shared file on NFS may work) and shared SAN storage used for
witness only. In this case it makes all sort of sense to continue when
witness is not available.