[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Redudant Ring Network failure

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Wed Jun 10 02:08:56 EDT 2020

>>> "ROHWEDER-NEUBECK, MICHAEL (EXTERN)" <michael.rohweder-neubeck.sp at dlh.de>
schrieb am 09.06.2020 um 09:28 in Nachricht
<7376_1591719777_5EDFB75F_7376_6_1_AM0PR09MB3203A7D7DE3149DFD5F2830299820 at AM0PR0
MB3203.eurprd09.prod.outlook.com>:
> Hello,
> We have massive problems with the redundant ring operation of our Corosync /

> pacemaker 3 Node NFS clusters.
>
> Most of the nodes either have an entire ring offline or only 1 node in a
> ring.
> Example: (Node1 Ring0 333 Ring1 n33 | Node2 Ring0 033 Ring1 3n3 | Node3
> Ring0 333 Ring 1 33n)
>
> corosync-cfgtool -R don't help
> All nodes are VMs that build the ring together using 2 VLANs.

Hi!

I have two questions:

1) Does you VM environment over-commit CPUs (i.e. doe you have more virtual
CPUs than physical CPUs)?

2) Do you use multicasting ot unicasting? In the past multicasting wasn't
really reliable.

Generally VMs are not really best for real-time applications (anything that
relias on real-time scheduling) IMHO.

Regards,
Ulrich

mrn at nsb-software.de<mailto:mrn at nsb-software.de<mailto:mrn at nsb-software.de%3cm