[ClusterLabs] How to reload pacemaker_remote service?

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Jun 9 17:54:30 EDT 2020

On Tue, 2020-06-09 at 19:38 +0000, Gilbert, Mike wrote:
> Ken,
>
> Thank you very much for the response. That method does allow us to
> reload the configs, but it's a bit heavy-handed for our use case. All
> we're wanting to do is rotate the log files. Is there any other
> mechanism we could use to achieve that goal?

Pacemaker ships with a logrotate snippet. If you installed a stock
package, your distribution should have installed that automatically.

If you're building yourself, just install extra/logrotate/pacemaker
from the pacemaker source to /etc/logrotate.d (assuming you're using
logrotate).

If you've changed the log file location, just edit the logrotate.d file
appropriately.

Pacemaker uses the "copytruncate" method of log rotation, so there's no
need for pacemaker to reopen the log after rotation.