[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Stonith failing

Reid Wahl nwahl at redhat.com
Thu Jul 30 00:38:58 EDT 2020

I don't know of a stonith method that acts upon a filesystem directly.
You'd generally want to act upon the power state of the node or upon the
underlying shared storage.

What kind of hardware or virtualization platform are these systems running
on? If there is a hardware watchdog timer, then sbd is possible. The
fence_sbd agent (poison-pill fencing via block device) requires shared
block storage, but sbd itself only requires a hardware watchdog timer.

Additionally, there may be an existing fence agent that can connect to the
controller you mentioned. What kind of controller is it?