[ClusterLabs] Still Beginner STONITH Problem

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Thu Jul 2 20:39:38 EDT 2020

On Thu, 2020-07-02 at 17:18 +0200, stefan.schmitz at farmpartner-tec.com
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I hope someone can help with this problem. We are (still) trying to
> get
> Stonith to achieve a running active/active HA Cluster, but sadly to
> no
> avail.
>
> There are 2 Centos Hosts. On each one there is a virtual Ubuntu VM.
> The
> Ubuntu VMs are the ones which should form the HA Cluster.
>
> The current status is this:
>
> # pcs status
> Cluster name: pacemaker_cluster
> WARNING: corosync and pacemaker node names do not match (IPs used in
> setup?)
> Stack: corosync
> Current DC: server2ubuntu1 (version 1.1.18-2b07d5c5a9) - partition
> with
> quorum
> Last updated: Thu Jul  2 17:03:53 2020
> Last change: Thu Jul  2 14:33:14 2020 by root via cibadmin on
> server4ubuntu1
>
> 2 nodes configured
> 13 resources configured
>
> Online: [ server2ubuntu1 server4ubuntu1 ]
>
> Full list of resources:
>
>   stonith_id_1   (stonith:external/libvirt):     Stopped
>   Master/Slave Set: r0_pacemaker_Clone [r0_pacemaker]
>       Masters: [ server4ubuntu1 ]
>       Slaves: [ server2ubuntu1 ]
>   Master/Slave Set: WebDataClone [WebData]
>       Masters: [ server2ubuntu1 server4ubuntu1 ]
>   Clone Set: dlm-clone [dlm]
>       Started: [ server2ubuntu1 server4ubuntu1 ]
>   Clone Set: ClusterIP-clone [ClusterIP] (unique)
>       ClusterIP:0        (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started
> server2ubuntu1
>       ClusterIP:1        (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started
> server4ubuntu1
>   Clone Set: WebFS-clone [WebFS]
>       Started: [ server4ubuntu1 ]
>       Stopped: [ server2ubuntu1 ]
>   Clone Set: WebSite-clone [WebSite]
>       Started: [ server4ubuntu1 ]
>       Stopped: [ server2ubuntu1 ]
>
> Failed Actions:
> * stonith_id_1_start_0 on server2ubuntu1 'unknown error' (1):
> call=201,
> status=Error, exitreason='',
>      last-rc-change='Thu Jul  2 14:37:35 2020', queued=0ms,
> exec=3403ms
> * r0_pacemaker_monitor_60000 on server2ubuntu1 'master' (8):
> call=203,
> status=complete, exitreason='',
>      last-rc-change='Thu Jul  2 14:38:39 2020', queued=0ms, exec=0ms
> * stonith_id_1_start_0 on server4ubuntu1 'unknown error' (1):
> call=202,
> status=Error, exitreason='',
>      last-rc-change='Thu Jul  2 14:37:39 2020', queued=0ms,
> exec=3411ms
>

> The stonith resoursce is stopped and does not seem to work.
> On both hosts the command
> # fence_xvm -o list
> kvm102                           bab3749c-15fc-40b7-8b6c-d4267b9f0eb9
> on

This should show both VMs, so getting to that point will likely solve
your problem. fence_xvm relies on multicast, there could be some
obscure network configuration to get that working on the VMs.

> returns the local VM. Apparently it connects through the
> Virtualization
> interface because it returns the VM name not the Hostname of the
> client
> VM. I do not know if this is how it is supposed to work?

Yes, fence_xvm knows only about the VM names.

To get pacemaker to be able to use it for fencing the cluster nodes,
you have to add a pcmk_host_map parameter to the fencing resource. It
looks like pcmk_host_map="nodename1:vmname1;nodename2:vmname2;..."