[ClusterLabs] Making xt_cluster IP load-sharing work with IPv6

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Tue Jan 14 14:01:56 EST 2020

On 14/01/20 21:16 +0300, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> 14.01.2020 17:47, Jan Pokorný пишет:
>> What confused me is that 00:zz:yy:xx:5a:27 appears as if the same
>> address shall be used -- but in your explanation, it would definitely
>> be that case, correct?
>
> I expect MAC addresses be different (they are on different
> interfaces).  Copy-paste result?

Mea culpa, at least one thing I managed to distort ... meant to say
"it would definitely _not_ be the case" ... and we are in concordance,
eventually.

> If this is intentional and actually denotes same MAC, I have no
> explanation and my guess is probably wrong.

Hopefully anyone more knowledgeable would enlighten us if need be.
Many thanks for the enlightenment so far!

Definitely stuff that will come handy if anyone sets out to
create that LoadSharingIP (or whatever it'd be called) agent.

>> ($DEITY bless all the good people documenting even what
>> seems obvious to them at the moment :-)

(Yep, such an agent shall rather explain each step along.)

--
Poki