[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: Re: Antw: [EXT] Coming in Pacemaker 2.0.4: shutdown locks

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Fri Feb 28 03:37:22 EST 2020

>>> Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> schrieb am 27.02.2020 um 23:43 in Nachricht
<43512a11c2ddffbabeee11cf4cb509e4e5dc98ca.camel at redhat.com>:

[...]
>> 2. Resources/groups  are stopped  (target-role=stopped)
>> 3. Node exits the cluster cleanly when no resources are  running any
>> more
>> 4. The node rejoins the cluster  after  the reboot
>> 5. A  positive (on the rebooted node) & negative (ban on the rest of
>> the nodes) constraints  are  created for the marked  in step 1
>> resources
>> 6.  target-role is  set back to started and the resources are back
>> and running
>> 7. When each resource group (or standalone resource)  is  back online
>> -  the mark in step 1  is removed  and any location
>> constraints  (cli-ban &  cli-prefer)  are  removed  for the
>> resource/group.
>
> Exactly, that's effectively what happens.

May I ask how robust the mechanism will be?
For example if you do  a "resource restart" there are two target roles (each made persistent): stopped and started. If the node performing the operation is fenced (we had that a few times). The resources may remain "stopped" until started manually again.
I see a similar issue with this mechanism.

[...]