[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: [EXT] Coming in Pacemaker 2.0.4: shutdown locks

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Thu Feb 27 17:55:28 EST 2020

On Thu, 2020-02-27 at 22:39 +0300, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> 27.02.2020 20:54, Ken Gaillot пишет:

> > > Because resources might move around during the shutdown sequence.
> > > It
> > > might
> > > not be desirable as some resource migration can be heavy, long,
> > > interfere
> > > with shutdown, etc. I'm pretty sure this has been discussed in
> > > the
> > > past.
> >
> > Ah, that makes sense, I hadn't thought about that.
>
> Is not it exactly what shutdown-lock does? It prevents resource
> migration when stopping pacemaker so my expectation is that if we
> stop
> pacemaker on all nodes no resource is moved. Or what am I missing?

shutdown-lock would indeed handle this, if you want the behavior
whenever any node is shut down. However for this purpose, I could see
some users wanting the behavior when shutting down all nodes, but not
when shutting down just one node.

BTW if all nodes shut down, any shutdown locks are cleared.
Practically, this is because they are stored in the CIB status section,
which goes away with the cluster. Logically, I could see arguments for
and against, but this makes sense.