[ClusterLabs] fence_mpath and failed IP

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 21 20:50:27 EST 2020

Hello community,

Recently I have started playing with fence_mpath and I have noticed that when the node is fenced,  the node is kicked out of the cluster  (corosync & pacemaker are shut down).

Fencing works correctly , but the IP address cannot be brought up on the designated 'replacement' host, because it was left on the old node.

I believe that this is a timing issue -  fenced node doesn't have the time to shutdown all it's resources before pacemaker dies locally.

Can someone confirm this behaviour on anothger distro,  as I'm currently testing it on RHEL7? If it is only for RedHat,  I can open a bug in the bugzilla.

Note: There is a workaround in order to reboot the node (using a  symbolic link to /etc/watchdog.d )  with the help of the fence_scsi or the fence_mpath scripts  in /usr/share/cluster .

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov