[ClusterLabs] multi-site clusters vs disaster recovery clusters

Олег Самойлов splarv at ya.ru
Wed Feb 5 10:16:02 EST 2020

Hi all.

I am reading the documentation about new (for me) pacemaker, which came with RedHat 8.

And I see two different chapters, which both tried to solve exactly the same problem.

One is CONFIGURING DISASTER RECOVERY CLUSTERS (pcs dr):

This is about infrastructure to create two different clusters on different sites with manual switching between them.

And CONFIGURING MULTI-SITE CLUSTERS WITH PACEMAKER (pcs booth):

This is also about the same, to create two different clusters on different sites with automatic switching, but with lack of some features from dr.

IMHO because both features is about the same, worth to unit them in documentation and as single feature. Or, may be here is a point to make them different? May be I don't understand something?