[ClusterLabs] Fencing explanation

Reid Wahl nwahl at redhat.com
Mon Dec 28 18:38:57 EST 2020

Hi, Ignazio. You can set either the delay in one of two ways:
- Using the `delay` attribute, whose value is a bare integer
(representing the number of seconds). This is implemented within the
fencing library (/usr/share/fence/fencing.py).
- Using the `pcmk_delay_base` attribute, whose value is more flexible
(e.g., "60", "60s", "1m") as shown below. This is implemented within
Pacemaker's fencer component.

 * \param[in] input  Pacemaker time interval specification (a bare number of
 *                   seconds, a number with a unit optionally with whitespace
 *                   before and/or after the number, or an ISO 8601 duration)

In practice, I don't believe it matters which one you use. I see the
`delay` attribute used more commonly than the `pcmk_delay_base`
attribute.

For some additional info:
- Table 13.1. Additional Properties of Fencing Resources
(https://clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html-single/Pacemaker_Explained/index.html#idm140583403103104)