[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Changing order in resource group after it's created

Tony Stocker akostocker at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 06:38:34 EST 2020

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 6:29 AM Ulrich Windl
<Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

> Nachricht
> <CACLi31X9=aibQK5LaWAvHPrD+ych6-a2aTVwYxZhaXSftHKq7w at mail.gmail.com>:
> > I have a resource group that has a number of entries. If I want to
> > reorder them, how do I do that?
> >
> > I tried doing this:
> >
> > pcs resource update FileMount ‑‑after InternalIP
> >
> > but got this error:
> >
> > Error: Specified option '‑‑after' is not supported in this command

> I have no experince with pcs, but with crm I'd do:
> enable maintenance mode (if you cannot restart the group)
> "crm configure edit <groupname>
> disable maintenance mode (the cluster should see that everything that is t be
> started is started, and things should be OK)
>
> Regards,
> Ulrich

Thanks. I think I may have figured out the way using pcs, it seems
somewhat counterintuitive to me but you have to use 'pcs resource
group' as if you're creating a new group, but you use the existing
group id, so the command looks like this:

pcs resource group add webserver FileMount --after InternalIP

It appears to work, so I suppose I should have waited before posting
but that's usually how it is. I bang my head against the desk for an
hour without finding something, then I post a question and magically I
find the answer right afterwards. C'est la guerre!