[ClusterLabs] delaying start of a resource

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Wed Dec 16 09:32:35 EST 2020

Hi, I have now a two node cluster using stonith with different pcmk_delay_base, so that node 1 has priority to stonith node 2 in case of problems.

Though, there is still one problem: once node 2 delays its stonith action for 10 seconds, and node 1 just 1, node 2 does not delay start of resources, so it happens that while it's not yet powered off by node 1 (and waiting its dalay to power off node 1) it actually starts resources, causing a moment of few seconds where both NFS IP and ZFS pool (!!!!!) is mounted by both!
How can I delay node 2 resource start until the delayed stonith action is done? Or how can I just delay the resource start so I can make it larger than its pcmk_delay_base?

Also, I was suggested to set "stonith-enabled=true", but I don't know where to set this flag (cib-bootstrap-options is not happy with it...).

Thanks!
Gabriele

Sonicle S.r.l. : http://www.sonicle.com
Music: http://www.gabrielebulfon.com