[ClusterLabs] Q: LVM-activate a shared LV

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Dec 10 09:55:39 EST 2020

Hi!

I configured a clustered LV (I think) for activation on three nodes, but it won't work. Error is:
 LVM-activate(prm_testVG0_test-jeos_activate)[48844]: ERROR:  LV locked by other host: testVG0/test-jeos Failed to lock logical volume testVG0/test-jeos.

primitive prm_testVG0_test-jeos_activate LVM-activate \
        params vgname=testVG0 lvname=test-jeos activation_mode=shared vg_access_mode=lvmlockd \
        op start timeout=90s interval=0 \
        op stop timeout=90s interval=0 \
        op monitor interval=60s timeout=90s
clone cln_testVG0_test-jeos_activate prm_testVG0_test-jeos_activate \
        meta interleave=true

Is this a software bug, or am I using the wrong RA or configuration?

Regards,
Ulrich