[ClusterLabs] All clones are stopped when one of them fails

Reid Wahl nwahl at redhat.com
Thu Dec 10 04:08:58 EST 2020

Thanks. I see it's only reproducible with stonith-enabled=false.
That's the step I was skipping previously, as I always have stonith
enabled in my clusters.

I'm not sure whether that's expected behavior for some reason when
stonith is disabled. Maybe someone else (e.g., Ken) can weigh in.

I also noticed that the state4.xml file has a return code of 6 for the
resource's start operation. That's an OCF_ERR_CONFIGURED, which is a
fatal error. At least for primitive resources, this type of error
prevents the resource from starting anywhere. So I'm somewhat
surprised that the clone instances don't stop on all nodes even when
fencing **is** enabled.

Without stonith:

Allocation scores:
pcmk__clone_allocate: vg.bv_sanlock-clone allocation score on node1: -INFINITY
pcmk__clone_allocate: vg.bv_sanlock-clone allocation score on node2: -INFINITY
pcmk__clone_allocate: vg.bv_sanlock:0 allocation score on node1: -INFINITY
pcmk__clone_allocate: vg.bv_sanlock:0 allocation score on node2: -INFINITY
pcmk__clone_allocate: vg.bv_sanlock:1 allocation score on node1: -INFINITY
pcmk__clone_allocate: vg.bv_sanlock:1 allocation score on node2: -INFINITY
pcmk__native_allocate: vg.bv_sanlock:0 allocation score on node1: -INFINITY
pcmk__native_allocate: vg.bv_sanlock:0 allocation score on node2: -INFINITY
pcmk__native_allocate: vg.bv_sanlock:1 allocation score on node1: -INFINITY
pcmk__native_allocate: vg.bv_sanlock:1 allocation score on node2: -INFINITY

Transition Summary:
 * Stop       vg.bv_sanlock:0     ( node2 )   due to node availability
 * Stop       vg.bv_sanlock:1     ( node1 )   due to node availability

Executing cluster transition:
 * Pseudo action:   vg.bv_sanlock-clone_stop_0
 * Resource action: vg.bv_sanlock   stop on node2
 * Resource action: vg.bv_sanlock   stop on node1
 * Pseudo action:   vg.bv_sanlock-clone_stopped_0

With stonith: