[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Re: Q: high-priority messages from DLM?

Roger Zhou zzhou at suse.com
Tue Dec 8 09:59:27 EST 2020

On 12/8/20 6:48 PM, Strahil Nikolov wrote:
> Nope,
>
> but if you don't use clustered FS, you could also use plain LVM + tags.
> As far as I know you need dlm and clvmd for clustered FS.

FYI, clvmd is dropped since lvm2 v2_03, and is replaced by lvmlockd. BTW,
lvmlockd (or its precedent clvmd) is optional here in theory, though
practically useful.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 5:32 AM Ulrich Windl

>> Offtopic: Are you using DLM with OCFS2 ?
>
> Hi!
>
> I'm using OCFS2, but I tend to ask "Can I use OCFS2 _without_ DLM?". ;-)

As Strahil said, DLM is a must-have. Well, as a side note, a component named
"o2cb" in the kernel space is an alternative to replace corosync/pacemaker,
however.

BR,
Roger