[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] sbd v1.4.2

Roger Zhou zzhou at suse.com
Tue Dec 8 09:42:53 EST 2020

Great news for the new version, first of all!

On 12/8/20 8:12 PM, Klaus Wenninger wrote:
> On 12/8/20 11:51 AM, Klaus Wenninger wrote:
>> On 12/3/20 9:29 AM, Reid Wahl wrote:
>>> On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 12:03 AM Ulrich Windl

[...]

>> You're having a valid point here.
>> Actually a disk-init on an operational cluster should be
>> quite safe. (A very small race between header and slot
>> read does exist.)
>> Might make sense to think over taking the message back
>> or revising it.
> Yan Gao just pointed me to the timeout configuration not being
> updated if it changes in the header.
> Guess until that is tackled one way or another the message
> is a good idea.

Indeed, users may want to tune sbd in the runtime without restart the whole
cluster stack, eg. watchdog timeout, msgwait timeout, etc. Currently, changing
these timeouts will force users to recreate the sbd disk, that is a little
strange user experience. And, restarting the whole cluster is a worse impression.

I can understand there are gaps currently, eg. to reinitialize watchdog driver
timeout, and followed by a script to refresh pacemaker stonith-watchdog-timeout
and stonith-timeout etc.

Furthermore, Can we change SBD_DEVICE in runtime even?

All in all, they add flexibilities to the management activities, and make the
better user experience overall.

Thanks,
Roger