[ClusterLabs] Coming in Pacemaker 2.0.5: better start-up/shutdown coordination with sbd

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Sun Aug 23 06:08:22 EDT 2020

On 8/21/20 8:55 PM, Vladislav Bogdanov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> btw, is sbd is now able to handle cib diffs internally?
> Last time I tried to use it with frequently changing CIB, it became a
> CPU hog - it requested full CIB copy on every change.
Actually sbd should have been able to handle cib-diffs since ever.
Are you sure it requested a full copy of the CIB with every change?
Atm it should request a full update roughly twice every watchdog-timeout
and in between just noop-pings to the cib-api - as long as imbedding the
diffs goes OK of course.
In general we need full cib-updates as otherwise loss of a cib-diff
would mean possibly missing node-state updates.
What it on top does is convert the cib to a cluster-state roughly
every second or with every 10th cib-diff. The latter might impose
some cpu-usage when cib is updating at a high rate of course and
might not be really needed.
With the new pacemakerd-API we don't need the cib-diffs anymore
for graceful-shutdown-detection. Thus easiest might be to disable
diff-handling completely when pacemakerd-API is used.