[ClusterLabs] why is node fenced ?

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Wed Aug 19 13:46:34 EDT 2020

On Wed, 2020-08-19 at 16:29 +0200, Lentes, Bernd wrote:
> ----- On Aug 19, 2020, at 4:04 PM, kgaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
> wrote:
> > > This appears to be a scheduler bug.
> >
> > Fix is in master branch and will land in 2.0.5 expected at end of
> > the
> > year
> >
> > https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/pull/2146
>
> A principal question:
> I have SLES 12 and i'm using the pacemaker version provided with the
> distribution.
> If this fix is backported depends on Suse.
>
> If i install und update pacemaker manually (not the version provided
> by Suse),
> i loose my support from them, but have always the most recent code
> and fixes.
>
> If i stay with the version from Suse i have support from them, but
> maybe not all fixes and not the most recent code.
>
> What is your approach ?
> Recommendations ?

I'd recommend sticking with the supported version, and filing a bug
report with the distro asking for a specific fix to be backported when
you have the need.

Regarding the upstream project, running a release is fine, but I
wouldn't recommend running the master branch in production. Important
details of new features can change before release, and with frequent
development it's more likely to have regressions.