[ClusterLabs] How to specify which IP pcs should use?

Tomas Jelinek tojeline at redhat.com
Tue Aug 11 03:22:25 EDT 2020

Hi Mariusz,

You haven't mention pcs version you are running. Based on you mentioning
running Pacemaker 2, I suppose you are running pcs 0.10.x. The text
bellow applies to pcs 0.10.x.

Pcs doesn't depend on or use corosync.conf when connecting to other
nodes. The reason is pcs must be able to connect to nodes not specified
in corosync.conf, e.g. when there is no cluster created yet.

Instead, pcs has its own config file mapping node names to addresses.
The easiest way to set it is to specify an address for each node in 'pcs
host auth' command like this:
pcs host auth <node1> addr=<ip1> <node2> addr=<ip2> ...

Specifying addresses is not mandatory. If the addresses are omitted, pcs
uses node names as addresses. See man pcs for more details.

To fix your issues, run 'pcs host auth' and specify all nodes and their
addresses. Running the command on one node of your cluster should be enough.

Regards,
Tomas