[ClusterLabs] Automatic recover from split brain ?

Adam Cécile acecile at le-vert.net
Sat Aug 8 06:10:08 EDT 2020

Hello,

I'm experiencing issue with corosync/pacemaker running on Debian Buster.
Cluster has three nodes running in VMWare virtual machine and the
cluster fails when VEEAM backups the virtual machine (I know it's doing
bad things, like freezing completely the VM for a few minutes to make
disk snapshot).

My biggest issue is that once the backup has been completed, the cluster
stays in split brain state, and I'd like it to heal itself. Here current
status:

One node is isolated:

Stack: corosync
Current DC: host2.domain.com (version 2.0.1-9e909a5bdd) - partition
WITHOUT quorum
Last updated: Sat Aug  8 11:59:46 2020
Last change: Fri Jul 24 07:18:12 2020 by root via cibadmin on
host1.domain.com

3 nodes configured
6 resources configured

Online: [ host2.domain.com ]
OFFLINE: [ host3.domain.com host1.domain.com ]

Two others are seeing each others:

Stack: corosync
Current DC: host3.domain.com (version 2.0.1-9e909a5bdd) - partition with
quorum
Last updated: Sat Aug  8 12:07:56 2020
Last change: Fri Jul 24 07:18:12 2020 by root via cibadmin on
host1.domain.com

3 nodes configured
6 resources configured

Online: [ host3.domain.com host1.domain.com ]
OFFLINE: [ host2.domain.com ]

The problem is that one of the resources is a floating IP address which
is currently assigned to two different hosts...

Can you help me configuring the cluster correctly so this cannot occurs ?

Thanks in advance,

Adam.