[ClusterLabs] NFS in different subnets

Daniel Smith Daniel.Smith at craneww.com
Fri Apr 17 15:20:04 EDT 2020

Thank you digimer, and I apologize for getting the wrong email.

Booth was the piece I was missing.  Have been researching setting that up and finding a third location for quorum. From what I have found, I believe I will need to setup single node pacemaker clusters at each datacenter to use with booth. Since we have ESX clusters at each site which has its own redundancies built in, building redundant nodes at each site is pretty much a waste of resources imho. I have 2 questions about this setup though:

1.       If I setup pacemaker with a single node an no virtual IP, is there any problems I need to be aware of?

2.       Is drbd the best tool for the data sync between the sites? I've looked at drbd proxy, but I get the sense that it's not open source, or would rsync with incrond be a better option?

I already made a script that executes with the network startup that updates DNS using nsupdate so that should be easy to create a resource based on it I would think.