[ClusterLabs] Why Do Nodes Leave the Cluster?

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 12 02:31:37 EDT 2020

On April 11, 2020 5:01:37 PM GMT+03:00, Eric Robinson <eric.robinson at psmnv.com> wrote:

>Hi Strahil --
>
>I hope you won't mind if I revive this old question. In your comments
>below, you suggested using a 1s  token with a 1.2s consensus. I
>currently have 2-node clusters (will soon install a qdevice). I was
>reading in the corosync.conf man page where it says...
>
>"For  two  node  clusters,  a  consensus larger than the join timeout
>but less than token is safe.  For three node or larger clusters,
>consensus should be larger than token."
>
>Do you still think the consensus should be 1.2 * token in a 2-node
>cluster? Why is a smaller consensus considered safe for 2-node
>clusters? Should I use a larger consensus anyway?
>
>--Eric

Hey Eric,

1s/1.2s  are the defaults and I guess they are defaults for 2-node clusters too.

Yet if the man page suggests that - then you should set it up this way.
On our SLES 2-node  clusters  we  got  token 30s  & consensus 36s after several network issues  and they are fine now - just a failiure is delayed by a minute.

Maybe you can try with consensus 0.8s and default token of 1s.
I have noticed that my oVirt LAB RHEL nodes are being fenced with the defaults, so I'm using SUSE's defaults of  10s token, 12s consensus even on RHEL 2-node  clusters.

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov