[ClusterLabs] op stop timeout update causes monitor op to fail?

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Wed Sep 11 10:51:00 EDT 2019

On Tue, 2019-09-10 at 09:54 +0200, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
> Hi,
> I just updated the timeout for the stop operation on an nfs cluster
> and
> while the timeout was update the status suddenly showed this:
>
> Failed Actions:
> * nfsserver_monitor_10000 on nfs1aqs1 'unknown error' (1): call=41,
> status=Timed Out, exitreason='none',
>     last-rc-change='Tue Aug 13 14:14:28 2019', queued=0ms, exec=0ms

Are you sure it wasn't already showing that? The timestamp of that
error is Aug 13, while the logs show the timeout update happening Sep
10.

Old errors will keep showing up in status until you manually clean them
up (with crm_resource --cleanup or a higher-level tool equivalent), or
any configured failure-timeout is reached.

In any case, the log excerpt shows that nothing went wrong during the
time it covers. There were no actions scheduled in that transition in
response to the timeout change (which is as expected).