[ClusterLabs] Antw: Q: RA metadata description

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Sep 5 03:42:23 EDT 2019

Hi again,

while writing a longer <longdesc> I could imagine this minimal markup (like in
stackexchange):

* Lines are filled and wrapped normally

* Lines ending with two spaces cause a line break

A sequence of empty lines (including one that consists of white space only)
starts _one_ new paragraph.

I think this minimal markup would be extremely helpful to format the output.

Something like nroff's .TP (tagged paragraph) for itemized or numbered lists
look like a good idea also, but that harder to implement than the suggestions
above.

Regards,
Ulrich

>>> "Ulrich Windl" <Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> schrieb am 05.09.2019
um
08:37 in Nachricht <5D70AD38020000A1000337AA at gwsmtp.uni-regensburg.de>:
> Hi!
>
> The desription of RA metadata is poor for years (e.g. the DTD has almost no

> comments) (I still prefer the DTD for readability over the RNG), and working

> on an RA I have a question:
>
> How is the <longdesc> to be formatted? A "crm ra info <RA>" des not seem to
wrap
> long lines at terminal width. So are the long lines in <longdesc> expected
> be wrapped in XML? Even if not, for practical reasons of readability the
> lines may be wrapped manually in XML.
> So are there any formatting rules, or maybe even some markup?
>
> BTW: Is there a reason why the DTD is named "ra‑api‑1.dtd", while the RNG is

> named "metadata.rng"?
>
> Regards,
> Ulrich
>
> P.S. Here's the "well‑documented" DTD:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF‑8"?>
>
> <!ELEMENT resource‑agent (version,longdesc,shortdesc,parameters?,actions) >
> <!ATTLIST resource‑agent
>         name    CDATA   #REQUIRED
>         version CDATA   #IMPLIED>
>
> <!ELEMENT version (#PCDATA)>
>
> <!ELEMENT parameters (parameter*)>
>
> <!ELEMENT actions (action*)>
>
> <!ELEMENT parameter (longdesc+,shortdesc+,content)>
> <!ATTLIST parameter
>         name    CDATA   #REQUIRED
>         required  (1|0)   "0"
>         unique  (1|0)   "0">
>
> <!ELEMENT longdesc ANY>
> <!ATTLIST longdesc
>         lang    NMTOKEN #IMPLIED>
>
> <!ELEMENT shortdesc ANY>
> <!ATTLIST shortdesc
>         lang    NMTOKEN #IMPLIED>
>
> <!ELEMENT content EMPTY>
> <!ATTLIST content
>         type    (string|integer|boolean|time)        #REQUIRED
>         default CDATA   #IMPLIED>
>
> <!ELEMENT action EMPTY>
> <!ATTLIST action
>         name

(start|stop|recover|monitor|restart|migrate_to|migrate_from|promote|demote|no