[ClusterLabs] New status reporting for starting/stopping resources in 1.1.19-8.el7

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Sep 3 10:22:37 EDT 2019

On Sat, 2019-08-31 at 03:39 +0000, Chris Walker wrote:
> Hello,
> The 1.1.19-8 EL7 version of Pacemaker contains a commit ‘Feature:
> crmd: default record-pending to TRUE’ that is not in the ClusterLabs
> Github repo.  This commit changes the reporting for resources that
> are in the process of starting and stopping for (at least) crm_mon
> and crm_resource
> crm_mon
>                                 Resources that are in the process of
> starting
>                                                 Old reporting:
> Stopped
>                                                 New reporting:
> Starting
>                                 Resources that are in the process of
> stopping
>                                                 Old reporting:
> Started
>                                                 New reporting:
> Stopping
>
>                 crm_resource -r <resource> -W
>                                 Resources that are in the process of
> starting
>                                                 Old reporting:
> resource <resource> is NOT running
>                                                 New reporting:
> resource <resource> is running on: <node>
>                                 Resources that are in the process of
> stopping
>                                                 Old reporting:
> resource <resource> is running on: <node>
>                                                 New reporting:
> resource <resource> is NOT running
>
> The change to crm_mon is helpful and accurately reflects the current
> state of the resource, but the new reporting from crm_resource seems
> somewhat misleading.  Was this the intended reporting?  Regardless,

Interesting, I never looked at how crm_resource showed pending actions.
That should definitely be improved.

The record-pending option itself has been around forever, and so has
this behavior when it is set to true. The only difference is that it
now defaults to true.

> the fact that this commit is not in the upstream ClusterLab repo
> makes me wonder whether this will be the default status reporting
> going forward (I will try the 2.0 branch soon).

It indeed was changed in the 2.0.0 release. RHEL 7 backported the
change from there.