[ClusterLabs] SLES12 SP4: update_cib_stonith_devices_v2 nonsense "Watchdog will be used via SBD if fencing is required"

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Wed Oct 23 06:35:41 EDT 2019

Hi!

In SLES12 SP4 I'm kind of annoyed due to repeating messages "unpack_config:    Watchdog will be used via SBD if fencing is required".

While examining another problem, I found this sequence:
* Some unrelated resource was moved (migrated)
* stonith-ng:     info: update_cib_stonith_devices_v2:    Updating device list from the cib: create constraints

(at that point I'm expecting that there was NO update related to SBD devices)

* stonith-ng:     info: cib_devices_update:       Updating devices to version 2.35.0
* stonith-ng:   notice: unpack_config:    Watchdog will be used via SBD if fencing is required
* cib:     info: cib_file_write_with_digest:       Wrote version 2.35.0 of the CIB to disk (digest: 8e3625f4ef74b6fe6c6429757023b7e9)

I mean: I know that SBD will use the watchdog for fencing if everything else fails, but why is this message logged so many times?

Regards,
Ulrich