[ClusterLabs] Q: crm_mon and utilization attributes

Yan Gao YGao at suse.com
Tue Oct 22 09:15:39 EDT 2019

On 10/22/19 2:40 PM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just noticed that crm_mon knows no option to display utilization attributes, "crm node show" does not display them either, but "crm config <node> show" does:
>
> # crm config show h02
> node 202: h02 \
>          utilization utl_cpu=200 utl_ram=1200 \
>          utilization cpu=23 host_memory=128401 hv_memory=0

Utilization stuff indeed belong to the configuration.

> In contrast, crm_mon says:
> Node Attributes:
> * Node h02:
>      + val_network                       : 1000
> * Node h06:
>      + val_network                       : 1000

crm_mon shows us the "transient" node attributes from cib status.

> And
> # crm node show
> h02(202): member
> h06(206): member
Hard to say if it's necessary to duplicate the info as from crm config
show. I assume the original idea was to show the basic information such
as the nodes' "type" and the configured "attributes" like "standby". But
I believe "utilization" could be added as well if it's considered needed
here.

Regards,
   Yan