[ClusterLabs] Safe way to stop pacemaker on both nodes of a two node cluster

Dileep V Nair dilenair at in.ibm.com
Sun Oct 20 11:54:31 EDT 2019

Hi,

	I am confused about the best way to stop pacemaker on both nodes of a
two node cluster. The options I know of are
1. Put the cluster in Maintenance Mode, stop the applications manually and
then stop pacemaker on both nodes. For this I need the application to  be
stopped manually
2. Stop pacemaker on one node, wait for all resources to come up on second
node, then stop pacemaker on second node. This might cause a significant
delay because all resources has to come up on second node.

	Is there any other way to stop pacemaker on both nodes gracefully ?
Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards

Dileep Nair
Squad Lead - SAP Base