[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: DLM, cLVM, GFS2 and OCFS2 managed by systemd instead of crm ?

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Wed Oct 16 03:19:45 EDT 2019

<b3e1bcfc-b361-7f76-6b8a-9563c4fd6590 at suse.com>:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> Apart from Ken's insights.
>
> I try to put it simple between systemd vs. pacemaker:
>
> pacemaker does manage dependencies among nodes, well, systemd just not.

What I also wanted to say is (maybe the reason for Bernd's message) that many
examples how to configure OCFS or cLVM are very bad regarding extensibility: If
you follow the instructions for OCFS2, and then you want to follow the
instructions for cLVM (just one example), you get a conflict as DLM already is
configured, and it's not very clear how to resolve dependencies correctly. If
you do it cLVM first, then OCFS2, you have the same problem. Likewise for
clustered RAID.

Regards,
Ulrich