[ClusterLabs] Antw: Ocassionally IPaddr2 resource fails to start

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon Oct 7 10:24:29 EDT 2019

On Mon, 2019-10-07 at 14:40 +0300, Donat Zenichev wrote:
> Hello and thank you for your answer!
>
> So should I just disable "monitor" options at all? In my case  I'd
> better delete the whole "op" row:
> "op monitor interval=20 timeout=60 on-fail=restart"
>
> am I correct?

Personally I wouldn't delete the monitor -- at most, I'd configure it
with on-fail=ignore. That way you can still see failures in the cluster
status, even if the cluster doesn't react to them.

If this always happens when the VM is being snapshotted, you can put
the cluster in maintenance mode (or even unmanage just the IP resource)
while the snapshotting is happening. I don't know of any reason why
snapshotting would affect only an IP, though.

Most resource agents send some logs to the system log. If that doesn't
give any clue, you could set OCF_TRACE_RA=1 in the pacemaker
environment to get tons more logs from resource agents.