[ClusterLabs] ftime-imposed problems and compatibility going forward (Was: Final Pacemaker 2.0.3 release now available)

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Tue Nov 26 14:30:56 EST 2019

On 26/11/19 16:08 +0100, Jan Pokorný wrote:
> On 25/11/19 20:32 -0600, Ken Gaillot wrote:
>> The final release of Pacemaker version 2.0.3 is now available at:
>>
>> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/releases/tag/Pacemaker-2.0.3
>
> For downstream and individual builders of the codebase
>
> ... let it be known that we suffered some late moment difficulties
> imposed by the fact that upcoming glibc (allegedly targeting v2.31)
> will make it even more tough to use ftime(3) function (otherwise
> marked deprecated for ages, including in POSIX specifications)
> in the face our purposefully imposed -Werror, turning the respective
> warning into an error and consequently failing the out-of-the-box
> build process.  Due to this timing, the effect of the fix was kept
> minimal for the time being, mostly allowing for a smooth opt-in
> continuity down the road.

And yet another, this time late, stay-compatible type of problem with
pacemaker vs. concurrent changes in build dependencies has popped up,
this time with Inkscape.  Whenever its 1.0 version is released,
when with my ask https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/pull/1953
refused, the just released version (an equally the older ones) will
choke when documentation gets prepared (corollary of the respective
packages incl. Inkscape being around, to begin with).

Workaround is then to either disable that step of the build process:

  ./configure --with-brand=
  ("equals nothing")

or to apply this patch:

  https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/pull/1953