[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Pacemaker 2.0.3-rc3 now available

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Thu Nov 21 11:00:31 EST 2019

On Mon, 2019-11-18 at 18:13 +0100, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Nov 2019 10:45:25 -0600
> Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2019-11-15 at 14:35 +0100, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
> > wrote:

> > > OK, I wasn't aware of this. If you have a few minutes, I would be
> > > interested to
> > > know why the full history is needed and not just find the latest
> > > entry from
> > > there. Or maybe there's some comments in the source code that
> > > already
> > > cover this question?
> >
> > The full *recorded* history consists of the most recent operation
> > that
> > affects the state (like start/stop/promote/demote), the most recent
> > failed operation, and the most recent results of any recurring
> > monitors.
> >
> > For example there may be a failed monitor, but whether the resource
> > is
> > considered failed or not would depend on whether there was a more
> > recent successful stop or start. Even if the failed monitor has
> > been
> > superseded, it needs to stay in the history for display purposes
> > until
> > the user has cleaned it up.
>
> OK, understood.
>
> Maybe that's why "FAILED" appears shortly in crm_mon during a
> resource move on
> a clean resource, but with past failures? Maybe I should dig this
> weird
> behavior and wrap up a bug report if I confirm this?

I've occasionally seen such blips myself but never had a chance to
track them down. If you can find a reliable reproducer, a bug report
would be worthwhile. I'm not sure why it happens, but hazarding a
guess, it may be related to recording pending operations -- a pending
operation doesn't affect the state, so if recording the pending
operation clears the last clean start/stop, and there's a past failure,
that could make sense.