[ClusterLabs] Announcing ClusterLabs Summit 2020

Damien Ciabrini dciabrin at redhat.com
Wed Nov 6 22:14:30 EST 2019

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 8:03 AM Michele Baldessari <michele at acksyn.org>
wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 05, 2019 at 08:35:55PM +0100, Valentin Vidić wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 08:07:51PM -0600, Ken Gaillot wrote:
> > > A reminder: We are still interested in ideas for talks, and rough
> > > estimates of potential attendees. "Maybe" is perfectly fine at this
> > > stage. It will let us negotiate hotel rates and firm up the location
> > > details.
> >
> > Not sure if I would be able to attend but I would be interested to
> > know if there is some framework for release testing resource agents?
> > Something along the lines:
> >
> > - bring up 3 VMs
> > - configure a cluster using ansible for service X
> > - destroy node2
> > - wait some time
> > - check if the service is still available

Not sure how much time Damien has to polish it up and make it more
> suitable for general use, but we (Openstack team @RH) are using
> https://github.com/dciabrin/ra-tester quite a bit to validate any
> changes we make to resource agents. It's indeed worth discussing this in
> Brno.

Right, we have this small tool that automates creation of VMs, and builds
on top of CTS to runs regression tests for the resource agents we consume
in OpenStack (galera, rabbitmq, redis).
It's arguably rough, but it comes in handy whenever we want to validate a
resource agent change or reproduce a cluster behaviour.

> cheers,
> Michele
> --
> Michele Baldessari            <michele at acksyn.org>
> C2A5 9DA3 9961 4FFB E01B  D0BC DDD4 DCCB 7515 5C6D

Damien